2016/04/30

Freakin' Blogger

I think I broke something. Actually, I know I broke something.

All I really wanted to do was change the widths of things. Blogger insisted that I choose a new template so I did. Comforted by the "Edit HTML" button, I changed font colors and widget layouts and whatnot and, well, you see the results. It's bad.

You see, the happily reassuring "Edit HTML" button is a lie. What lives in the templates for this site is no simple HTML despite what the template name might claim. No. What lives there is true and unabashed evil-tude.

I may try to hack up the HTML evil that lies at the heart of this site. More likely I'll become a giant squid of anger and reload the old template with its barely legible text and super narrow columns.

Seriously, people, when changing simple things in a goddamn blog template are mind-jarringly complicated, it indicates that something has gone very, very wrong.

No comments: