2010/08/07

A Funny Thing Happened At BrickFair Today...

So picture this. I'm showing off the Normandy in an almost incessant crush of people when I hear a familiar voice...

Flashback to 2003 and I'm leaving my first job. I'm interviewing with the man who would later hire me. It's the dead of winter in a freak Virginia snowstorm. He's wearing a Hawaiian shirt and is walking around in sandals. "Is it cold enough for you?", was his first question.

Sure enough, it's my old boss standing there with his family who I've never met. I worked for him for two years before parting ways and he had no idea who I was. I told him my name (twice) and it still didn't dawn on him. I told him I worked form him at XXXX company and the lightbulb finally went off.

Filed under "I'm glad I didn't need a reference".

No comments: