2019/09/15

Crafting challenge, week 24

This week was mainly building one video and avoiding doing what I'm supposed to be doing, namely working on SHIPtember.  My build is not going well which shouldn't really be a surprise except that at this point last year I was already done.  I didn't really have much going on then which isn't true today but I don't think I've even hit the 1/4 mark with this build yet.  That's a little concerning.  To make matters worse, I know I'm missing some parts but don't want to put in a pile of orders right before brickcon.  It's looking a lot like I'm not going to finish for the show and that sucks. 

I'm at that scary part where I don't really want to continue building.  This happens on every big build and on every big multi-day project.  I get it most weeks for videos especially if the scripting isn't going well.  It's now happened so often that I expect it and have powered through it in the vast majority of cases, usually to good result.  This time feels different and I don't know if it's because so much creative energy is going into videos or what, but I really, really want to stop.  I'ma build like crazy today and see how I feel this time next week.  I don't like quitting on creative endeavors but something doesn't feel right and I don't like it.

No comments: