2007/11/21

Full of Fail

They say you shouldn't blog angry. You can add that to the long list of seemingly good advice that I don't heed.

So I've been in crunch for the last couple months which in general makes me crankier than normal. At some point in the last week or so I picked up the Supreme Commander expansion. You also might recall that I like Supreme Commander. It is, after all, being the spiritual succesor of one of my all-time favoritest games.

I verily took said expansion, installed it, ran it, patched it (multiple times) and for my $39.99 at that hive of scum and villainy otherwise known as Best Buy, I got this:

FULL OF FAIL

That's it. No indication of what's wrong in any kind of end-user-meaningful way. No clear recourse as to how to fix the issue whatsoever. Smashing. I'm going to guess that this has something to do with SecureROM. Ya know what? If my reward for buying the game is not being able to play it then maybe I shouldn't be buying your games! There's probably a workaround but the days of me having to fiddle around with that kind of shit should be way over. It isn't 1997 anymore.

Guys, I know software is hard, but would it be too much to let me play the game I just bought?

No comments: