2020/03/08

A thing a week 2020, week 10

This week it's tool time and not just tool time, it's Lego tool time.  A long time ago (more than three years ago, apparently) I built a bunch of status trays for tracking bleeds and buffs and whatnot.  These have worked pretty well (pictured here). 

In the intervening chunk of time, my game has shifted considerably from tracking numbers on paper to counting values with chips.   I bought a bunch of cheap acrylic chip holders that work OK but I've never really been happy with them since the nice deluxe chips don't fit very well and small numbers of chips tip over and fall out and are generally unruly.

These trays are built mostly from plates, faded stuff from my collection, and other parts I have in extra abundance from the pick a brick wall.  They also combine two things that would otherwise float around the table taking up space and getting in the way.  We'll probably iterate on them a few times before we're through.


No comments: