2020/04/12

A thing a week 2020, week 15

Busy doing other things this week so it's lucky I ran into this liftship that I started a while ago.  I've pulled the hexes off of these and made the background transparent to work better with Roll20.  On the one hand, I like being able to fix a scale by baking the hexes into the image.  On the other hand, lining that up in a non-precision tool a pain in the ass.  Furthermore, it's impossible to set arbitrary orientations for them which is a thing that you might want to do when in an actual battle with, you know, real movement and tactical concerns.  In meat space this is less of a problem and as an added bonus, the figs will go along for the ride. 

Pictured on the right is a cutter, an inexpensive two deck cargo vessel sometimes used for other purposes.  Feel free to use in your home game as necessary (c) me 2020. 

Given that it looks like we'll be in lockdown for a while longer this year, I'm starting to think it's worth it to throw money at Roll20 to get access to their deeper scripting API.  If their macro language is anything to judge from, I have to imagine this will involve a lot of pain.  So I got that to look forward to.

No comments: