2020/04/19

A thing a week 2020, week 16

This week we return to the painting world with one half speed paint and one half "do some real work" paint.  This year is flying by and it's hard to think that the last minis I posted were three months ago.  That's also when the "real work" on these figs happened.  I put effort into the faces and a little effort in the bodies but the legs and arms and weapons and metal bits were a speed paint because I needed to show a thing this week and these were half done from January. 
The faces were several layers to practice shading with special attention to eyes.  The bodies were quick wet blends with an ancient 20th century paint which I still have a lot of.  Things I learned:  wet paint lightened looks a lot lighter than that same paint when dry.  The arms and legs are crap. 

These are Viking Hirdmen from Warlord Games, my favorite place in the UK to buy miniatures.  They look an awful lot like my other random Viking figs that I painted last year with different heads. 

2020 finished mini counter:  7/20


No comments: