2020/05/10

A thing a week 2020, week 19

I've been on a painting kick this week partly because I finally have unencumbered time in which to paint and partially fueled by the discovery of one James Wappel whose painting style is both interesting and amazing.  These figs don't show any of that since I'm still trying to figure out how he does what he does.

Like I've noted the last couple weeks, these are not good paint jobs--they're not supposed to be.  This is speed painting at its most basic.  I've been trying to clear my workspace to build some stuff out of foam which is hard with a couple dozen figs about.  If memory serves these guys finished up in around 10 hours total.  I put extra effort into the value sketch up front with the intent to do simple glazing to get the appropriate variation.  That kind of worked.  My glazing game isn't great. 

There's another batch of these guys done which we'll probably see next week.  It also occurs to me that these guys are missing their shields so we'll get a group shot in too.  Banking these allows me to work on more involved projects so hopefully we'll see some fun stuff in the next month. 

2020 finished mini counter:  17/50

No comments: