2021/03/21

A thing a week 2021, week 12 (Spiders!)

As threatened at some point last year, I printed out a bunch more spiders at a slightly larger size--sixteen of them, even. They came off the printer at slightly low quality and were painted similarly. I have no illusions that his was in any way high effort painting but they are indeed painted. For this go-around I improved (slightly) on the original set. They were primed and washed and then drybrushed as if by zenithal.  After that some details were slopped on in an off white before hitting them with a Badger Ghost Tint candy coat. The bases were finished very simply in black. They'll count 2:1 because it's my challenge and I'm comfortable with this ratio of almost no effort.  

When I started out this year and was setting goals, I had no expectation that I'd land at 100 in March. I'm still short on the high quality and OSL goals but I'm not super concerned with getting those in at this point. I'm going to do now what I did last year at roughly this time--switch gears to doing other stuff. That'll also give me space to get some effort on one or more more of the missing try-hards.Watch this space!

2021 finished mini counter:  100/100

No comments: