2023/02/19

A thing a week 2023, week 8

Continuing my trip through the remainder of my vintage collection, we start with Ral Partha 11-103 Demihuman Vampires. I bought these sometime in the aughts because at that point I had very limited non-human figures and I didn't look close enough to see that their fangs are indeed, very prominent. I  speed painted them in the same color scheme and in retrospect I should have painted the Elf's cloak red to match the others but I painted him first and really wasn't thinking. The Kender's getup doesn't really work for me but then again, Kender don't really work for me either. These aren't good paint jobs but they're done and that counts for something. 


Next up we have vintage RAFM Manipulators. These are good sculpts let down by bad molds and a questionable paint job. They're supposed to be vampires which I guess works but I think they look more like lawyers or politicians which I guess are not mutually exclusive. I had intended to paint hosiery on the gal but got lazy and didn't do any of that and ended up painting both their suits in the same color scheme for, I dunno, consistency or something. I did not realize they were quite so shiny before looking at these pictures. All things considered, I think they turned out well given the maybe four hours combined they took. 

2023 finished mini counter 61/104

No comments: