2019/07/14

Crafting challenge, week 15

This week we have things other than a video!  (finally) ((though, the video is right here.))

The Regault pods are finally done and pictured over there on the right.  Like the Veritechs, they look better in the picture than they do in real life.  Everything about this project has been awful and I'm super glad these are done.  I experimented with different painting approaches and pretty much hated all of them.  I don't like doing washes over large areas and I don't like doing base coats.  I wasn't able to reasonably handle pin lines and many of the pieces were so small I couldn't pull the flash and mold lines off of them.

This one goes into the "welp, that sucked" bucket.  I suspect that my OCD will get the better of me at some point and I'll be forced to go over some of the worst parts of these but boy did they need to be done.  The only upside to this whole debacle was experimenting with Pro Arcyl paints which are still awesome.

2019 finished mini counter:  52/100

No comments: