2019/10/20

Crafting challenge, week 29

This week marks the first in five months that I haven't done a video and I might not make one next week, either.  I made it through 22 consecutively which is its own accomplishment and looking back, I probably made six or so that I thought were OK (the rest were crap).  I'm not going to miss the stress of figuring out what to say, how to say it, and then shouting into a microphone for several hours each week. 

Instead, I've been doing other creative things.  The ships shown here are more bits from the post-BrickCon excitement.  We're planning a collab hopefully to be shown at BrickCan 2020 if all goes well.  I've got a lot more to build but there's time yet so other than my pals crushing it in the "build ships for a collab next year" department, I'm not in any particular hurry.

Also this week, I started building some dungeon stacker stackers because we're going to have some wall combat action sometime real soon, maybe next weekend, and I like to be prepared.  They're built and primed but painting will be a couple days yet.  Unless something goes terribly wrong, pictures should land here next week.

Last but by no means least, I've started redesigning my fantasy game.  I've got some ideas on how to make it work better and honestly, I can't leave well enough alone. I'm pooling my learnings from the Sci-Fi game I mostly built earlier this year and additional learnings from Fate and Blades in the Dark to hopefully streamline some stuff even further.  Part of me wants to wait until I've had time to study Genesys but given the size of that book, I figure that's a ways off yet. 

So far, the new system looks a lot meaner and a lot leaner.  Combat and other resolution rolls should be streamlined and some of the last corners get knocked off of the majority of mechanics.  As an added bonus, something akin to aspects in Fate should replace the normal belief system that players find so hard to wrestle with.  I'm not 100% sold on it yet, but it's also in its infancy.  If all goes well, we can trot it out sometime soon--hopefully in time for chapter 2 possibly in a couple weeks' time.

No comments: