2019/10/27

Crafting challenge, week 30

I finished off my dungeon stacker stackers this week.  Well, my second try at, anyway.  The first ones were built too small and wouldn't fit on top of the stackers.  These are supposed to be ancient light stone constructions that have been left out in the elements for millennia.

The wall tops are Readi-board with the paper pulled off of one side and textured with a Green Stuff World rolling pin.  The walls are XPS with the smaller sections textured the same way.  The larger piece intended for gates was hand-textured with a ball point pen and rolled up foil wad.

If I had it to do over again (and I might) I'd probably draw on the bricks like the big gate piece since that looked the best.  The texturing on the smaller pieces is weak and the wash didn't pick them out as well as I'd expected.  I probably should have started with a darker base coat in either case.  The only piece that looks reasonable is the big one so I might have another go at these.

This week I also did a bunch of design work but there isn't anything to show there.

No comments: