2020/09/20

A thing a week 2020, week 38

It's hard to follow last week with anything especially given the effort and buildup involved so here goes nothin'. Youtube says that my last video was posted on October 13th of last year, somewhat appropriately How to end your campaign which means that this week's offering (actually posted last Sunday) arrives less than a year from the last. So I got that goin' for me. I also wrote these two articles about mini painting which seems appropriate.

The video was a long time in the making. I'd written the original script somewhere in June and refined its content over the next couple months. I've been trying to record this one for a really long time but never made time to actually do so. I'm out of the habit but if I'm going to make more (and I'd sure like to) I need to streamline the process by quite a lot. I didn't move my monitor and chair around and I didn't do terribly much shifting around of my shots for comedicdramatic purposes. I'm not 100% sure that this kind of crap ever helped but a talking head told me to so what do I know. I'm hoping I can get back on the horse, maybe every month moving forward but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

The articles are a different story. I was looking for a thing I could do half-drunk which I often am after I've done my hobbying for the evening. Remember that I'm stockpiling Scotch corks. Writing works for me because I can continue to refine it when I'm soberless drunk. I figured it was time to follow up my non-award winning series started way back here in August of 2018.  I'll probably write more about mini painting, possibly as the year turns over and some day I'd like to write a beginner's guide for all the people who will probably never read this crap.

No comments: