2021/02/14

A Lounge of Lizards, part 1 (2021 week 7)

With two themes down and quite a lot of figs to go, we're opening this week's theme strong.  I have quite a lot of lizard figures that need paint--fewer now!  This is because a couple campaigns ago one of the antagonists were a cult of ne'er-do-wells corrupting eggs into terrible monsters.  I also occasionally buy cool looking figs on sale from wargames I don't play, so there's that.  

These three are snakes from the Wrath of Ashardalon board game.  I'd already magnetized these guys and hidden them away only to be found when putting away some newly painted figs.  These are not good molds and the sculpts are more than a little confusing and I didn't do anywhere near enough work dealing with their imperfections.  I took this opportunity to do more work with my cheapo airbrush to save time and this time it worked out.  I think these guys look good for the time I spent on them, less than 2 hours all told, despite picking out a bunch of details that I didn't need to.  

Next up we have a Crested Felldrake from the Chainmail Starter Set.  I'd had this guy prepped and ready to go for a while but hadn't found a good opportunity to paint him...until today!  I thought I might paint him in a fun color like magenta or something but when painting the snakes above, I figured that color scheme would be fine, too.  Turns out, I accidentally painted him the right color!  No real difficulty here and it's not a super big fig.  This feels like a good result for the hour I spent on it.

Lastly we get four Legion of Everblight Shredders which are apparently lesser warbeasts but I'm only really typing in what's on the box since I don't play Hordes.  Are these actually lizards?  I have no idea.  In fact, I understand they're supposed to be painted a pale blue or lavender but I painted them turquoise because I could.  It's a mix of the teal Pro Acryl, Transparent Green and Vallejo Game Color Azul Ink both of which I really like over zenithal through the airbrush.  I highlit these with increasing levels of cool grey and white (through the airbrush again) before finishing off details.  Horns, claws, and teeth got a couple layers of washes and an edge highlight.  I didn't spend anywhere near enough time scraping mold lines on these guys, unfortunately.  Minus this, I think they look OK for ~3 hours of work.

2021 finished mini counter:  64/100

No comments: