2021/09/19

Elffest 2021, week 5 (week 38)

Thought we were done with Elves, were we? Well not today! This week we have bonus Elves from Bones 5 which fulfilled earlier this year. These are nice figs disrespected by a questionable batch paint job. They follow the typical pattern:
  • prime w/stynylrez w/airbrush
  • shadow w/payne's grey inks w/airbrush
  • zenithal w/white ink w/airbrush
  • some ineffective basecoating w/airbrush
  • basecoat with pro acryl transparents
  • highlight and whatnot

These five are Elf Rangers and they're new enough that I can't find a link on reapermini.com. These are good figs with terrible eyes. Following up from my observation on the Wood Elf Archers last week, these guys are relatively simple with minimal colors needed but still have enough details to be interesting. I went out of my way to texture the leather rather than leaving them as Pro Acryl Brown Transparent as I've been doing recently but don't worry, I'll be back to my normal shenanigans in the next theme. I think these guys came out pretty well despite not spending anywhere near enough time on them and despite their torturous eyes.

These two are a Dark Elf w/Bow and Lanaerel Grayleaf, Elf Ranger (in plastic). As non-rank-and-file figures, I spent slightly more time on them as they are slightly more interesting. After having done these seven, I'm not entirely sold on this color scheme even though it's technically a proper split complementary. Also, now shooting these figs, I should have pushed my highlights higher. 

Overall these seven were done to the tune of around 14 hours which is slightly higher than intended but being better sculpts, I'm good with that. I think they came out OK and I'm happy to add them to my collection of completed figs.

2021 finished mini counter: 221/100

No comments: