2022/07/17

Nord-a-thon week 8 (2022 week 29)

These guys are not technically Vikings or Nords as far as I know, though I doubt that any non-historians would be able to tell. Like the last couple weeks, they're also metal models and in slightly better shape than the last few. These are Warlords Saxon Leaders - Battle of Stamford Bridge and Saxon Earls & Kings - 11th Century. Had I realized that the Warlord pages had such good reference and if I weren't painting these guys as a speed paint batch, I might have chosen different colors and more details. For those interested in the history, the first batch includes Morcar of Northumbria, Edwin of Mercia, and Tostig Godwinson and the second includes Ethelred the Unready (sorry, no ash on this keyboard), Leofric of Mercia, and Edmund Ironside.

These guys end the middle batch of this theme, the longest I've done to date! They were done at an average of 45 minutes per fig for the 18 of them or about 13.5 hours. They were done in about a calendar week of easy painting while managing some other junk--stay tuned to see that!

If I have a regret about this batch, it's that I didn't spend more time on these specific figs. They will hold a higher quality paint job and I almost regret how plain their shields are. 

2022 finished mini counter: 140/100

No comments: