2022/09/11

A thing a week 2022, week 37

It's September and that means it's SHIPtember. The goal: a 100+ stud long ship in a calendar month. This offers those of us in the greater Seattle area an opportunity since it ends right around when BrickCon starts and I've brought home a trophy from such efforts. 

I've been mostly unmotivated to take on a big building project for the last two years--mostly (details later). BrickCon was virtual in 2020 and I wasn't able to attend last year due to work which further sapped any impetus I might have had. So heading into this year I knew I was going to finish something and it worked out that SHIPtember would be it. Yes, I'm tempting fate. 

This is about 32 hours in and maybe 1/3 of the way through. There's some serious structure that keeps the spine in alignment and it's about as stable a thing as I've built at this scale. It started as 3x blow up of a buddy's build but as expected it's drifted pretty seriously from the original. Also true: my lousy shot here obscures a lot of the subtle shaping. Tune in next time to see how far I've gotten in another week and if my photography has gotten any better (hint: no). 

No comments: