2023/03/12

Kitty-a-thon 2023, week 2 (2023 week 11)

Kitty-a-thon continues with these six lovely kitty people. These are 3d prints from Velrock and more specifically the Leonin Tribe. If you follow that link you'll see that there are 18 different figs in there but that I have only six. Well. My 3d printer is ever so slightly broken. And by "ever so slightly" I really mean "my failure rate is awfully high." These are the ones that I thought were still salvageable but most of them have some kind of printing defects. I don't think this is due to the provided supports which looked perfectly reasonable to me. 

I speed painted these all in the same color scheme and all at once. They spanned maybe five hours total and I didn't do enough work on anything to be super stoked about them. While I like the sculpts in general, they were really inconvenient to paint due to a bunch of weird negative spaces on them. Things always look good in preview but it's hard to tell that kind of stuff until you're turning the fig around on a painting stick and asking "how the crap am I going to get paint in there?" While I like the color scheme (the jade paints in particular) 

I'm not certain that the Plasma Fluid over the metallics are working for me which sucks because I really like that paint. I did less on the gals than the dudes and I think they're better for it. Some day I'll figure out how to use that stuff effectively. I also think that these were not well served by being a batch paint since I left out a lot of details like their saber teeth and details on their bejangles and whatnot. Overall they were done in around ten hours and I'm not unhappy with them.

2023 finished mini counter: 78/104

No comments: