2023/07/09

A thing a week 2023, week 28

This week we have three medium sized offerings, the first two who I needed for my campaign (boss encounter at the end of the dungeon) and the last of which I was pretty sure I'd already painted but hadn't. Protip: don't hide prepped minis in a hard-to-get-to drawers.

These first two who I've called Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum (also Trident & Khopesh) are Devils from Bones 4. Notably, I didn't need the succubus so she didn't get paint (yet). I did a bunch of work with the airbrush on them and picked out details after the fact. They were done in around four hours and I really wish they had sharper details, weapons especially, but they are what they are: painted.

This guy is a Nolzur's Griffon and like I said before, I was pretty sure I painted this guy already when I did the griffons last year (or whenever it was). This is a high drama, low effort paint job--the best kind! It mostly takes the form of contrast paints over a zenithal (as per usual) with the bare minimum of details picked out. Dude was done in like an hour which is good because these guys don't get a lot of screen time, usually. What's that? Griffon rider cavalry?! I may need to amend the screen time thing...

2023 finished mini counter: 141/104. 

 

No comments: