2023/11/12

A thing a week 2023, week 46

This week we have more bads because that's where we're at. First up we have giant rats from Vae Victis, some of my favorite sculptors. Giant rats make frequent showing in my games as is tradition so when I saw these guys on sale, I didn't think too hard about it. Astute readers may note that there are four distinct sculpts there and only seven painted rats. That's because my new printer decided to eat one of them. Dunno why, but it does that sometimes. These are not good paint jobs but they work fine on the table. 

Next up we have a batch of Monolith Bots from Oshounaminis. I use lots of these kinds of guys in my sci-fi games and some day I may want to run another sci-fi game in person. Hence, when I found these guys for free I knew what I had to do. It also helps my cost per print ratios in addition to my painted fig count so it's doubly good. These are not painted well and I didn't even use metallics that I like (usually Vallejo Metal Color). The colors on what I assume is their backsides seem fairly insufficient to tell them apart at the table but I'm far too lazy at the moment to put color bases on them though they would be easier to handle if I did. Maybe someday.

Last up we have this enormous, nay Giant Scorpion by Crippled God Foundry. It is also not a sophisticated paint job consisting mainly of a zenithal (as usual), a wash, and a drybrush. Seriously, the base got more attention than the mini. I also dropped some red in its eyes which doesn't read like at all. I certainly could have done more with it (and I might in the future) but I didn't feel the necessity this time along. 

2023 finished mini counter: 269/104

No comments: