2026 finished mini counter: 172
2026/07/19
A thing a week 2026, week 29
More characters this week and the first ones are in my school colors which is nice. These are Jolie Adventuring Scribe, Ogana Savannah Ranger, Thregan Helmsplitter Duskwarden. These three came out well despite the shininess of the bases which are a lot less shiny in person. Ogana's skintone shininess is intentional in this case and is played by I think an old Army Painter wash, maybe Dark Tone? I put a lot of work into the yellows which I think shows and even did a little bit of freehand on Jolie's book. Ogana's bow probably should have been in a different tone of brown or maybe taken up a couple hits in value. Thragen is a little rough though I didn't cop out and paint the center shield on his armor in metallic.Next up we have Burgermeister, Aurelio Endrino Bonehenge Warlock, and Surkar Orc Shaman. These three aren't grouped together for any particular reason except that I painted them in roughly the same span. These guys are chock full of details which took more effort than normal to pick out. The black leather on Burgermeister and Aurelio are pretty good and I did an OK job of distinguishing myriad leathers on Aurelio and Surkar. I did not clock Aurelio's pal as a raccoon which is why he's in a beary chocolate brown. Burgermeister's gems and Aurelio's cloak's stitching were a goddamn pain, tho, and I'm glad they're done. Surkar got a lot more attention than normal since I had christened a new natural hair brush which is always nice. I'd been working without a nice natural hair brush for far too long and I was reminded (again) that I really need to use my expensive nice tools rather than saving them for...something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment