2026 finished mini counter: 178
2026/07/26
A thing a week 2026, week 30
This week we have some tinted metallics and some other fun stuff. First up we have three pseudo-anonymous folks none of which have links (left to right) Elf Shield Gal, Platemail Vampire Guy, and Creepy Potion Gal. I have no idea why Reaper makes it so hard to find these despite the fact that they have a figure finder. Occasionally the Bones kickstarters will give a hint but not this time! The two plate-havers (clearly) have some tinting going on. This is a mix of Vallejo Metal Color and various glossy Golden High Flow Acrylics. That got the base pinky tone which, TBH, I'm not really happy with. I almost sold it with a coat of Badger Ghost Tint but ultimately I don't think it landed. The potion gal is a study in contrast and focus. While there's quite a lot going on with this fig, The yellow eye-catching bits are arranged low on the fig and there's a single contrast green thing high near her face. Was that enough to keep the focus on her face or would it resolve into a mess? I have my own thoughts, but you should feel free to judge it for yourself.Next up we have Adrasteia Winterborn, Vampiress, Witchy Necromancer Gal sans link, and Halloween Knight who features more tinted metallics. This one worked a little better and is a refinement from previous blue tinted metallics that I've used here before. Not sure if it's the better pigmentation of the dark blue but I feel like this scheme looks a heck of a lot better. This guy's contrast is a little more on the nose and a little more of the traditional scheme which is 100% intentional and helped by the fact that his head is the sole pure contrast part. Our vampiress is mostly an exercise in shading/highlighting red which worked better here than most of my other attempts and again despite my best efforts, the Contrast Paint lowtones still come through as glossy. The witchy gal is another take on triad secondaries which kind of works. I wanted to do a proper crystal for her orb but clearly couldn't have been bothered. I was in a lot of pain when I painted these so I guess that's excusable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment