If you guessed "Bones 6 this week", you're right! Also, probably next week, the week after that, and probably for quite a few more subsequent weeks.
These first five guys are Fire Newts and I'm happy to note that a) I could find a link, and b) they seem to be available in the same red plastic as I got them in. Given said red plastic, I didn't do the normal prime/drybrush. These guys are unprimed (gasp! record scratch! Wilhelm scream!) followed by a coat of Pro Acryl Transparent Yellow and successive glowing rock drybrushes which worked out pretty much the way I intended. This kept the pseudo-transparent red glow from the plastic which is a very nice effect in bright lights. Even if I wanted to, I doubt I could have over-shown the glowing red effect with anything on their gear so I chose to do them in a very subtle cool grey. This went well enough until I realized that the caster guy was carrying a possum. Well now it's a magma possum! This effect sells very nicely for not a lot of effort which I like.I tried the same thing with this Nightmare is in yellow pseudo-transparent plastic and it did not work out quite as well. I followed the same scheme but didn't do any dark colors on the wing membranes for contrast and while the rest of the guy looks ok, the wings look not very good. Notably they sell a little better at the table where the lights are less bright and the shine-through is less distracting. Probably the wings could use a slightly darker drybrush to sell better. Ultimately he's done and that's OK.2026 finished mini counter: 230


No comments:
Post a Comment