2019/12/01

Crafting challenge, week 35

If there's a thing I like to build other than spaceships and buildings (and games...and stories...and probably other stuff) it's tools.  But before we get to the main event we need some background stuff.

I'm in the process of moving furniture around.  Earlier this year I moved my crafting area from downstairs to a small bedroom upstairs that also contained a bunch of office stuff.  While this was an improvement, it was awfully cramped.  While this house is significantly smaller than my last, I'm offended that I've been using the space so badly.  This round of moves frees up the large master bedroom complete with its own sinks which will be the new crafting/office/misc stuff room.

When I moved the crafting area upstairs, the first thing I built was a pegboard for storing mini blister packs since I have so many.  This didn't get logged here for...reasons (I can't actually remember why).  It was one of my old painting blotters with some bamboo skewers hotglued to it.  While this worked OK, the hot glue wasn't strong and couldn't hold much weight.  I had to move stuff anyway, so I took the time to rebuild it.

Instead of the janky "this was a paint blotter" pattern that was on it, I primed it with one of my ancient cans of mini primer.  I also poked holes at an upward angle to a) keep the blisters from falling off, and b) to allow for a stronger connection.  These were then glued on front and back.  So far it's holding but hopefully it won't need another go around.

I'm also painting a passel of goblins but they're going very slowly.

No comments: