2021/01/02

2021 Crafting challenge

Last year's "A thing a week" went super well so this year let's do it again!  Just like last year, I want to make a thing a week and I'll use similar rules:
  • The thing must be posted here (Sundays again, probably) and it has to be done unless it's part of a big thing like SHIPtember or NaNoWriMo which I still haven't done yet.
  • Valid things:
    • Gaming terrain, prop, scatter (etc.)
    • A painted mini
    • An illustration or sketch in digital or traditional media which I still don't do nearly enough of
    • An article or other piece of writing of, I dunno, 1000 words or more
    • A Lego build
    • A video
    • A tool for hobbying or something
    • Other?  Much of what I do defies easy categorization
In addition to these, I have the additional goals:
  • One Hundred painted miniatures again (my pile of potential isn't going to paint itself, yo)
  • Five miniatures pushing quality at the high end of what I can do (NMM strictly optional)
  • Five miniatures with OSL (not optional)
  • Five significant buildings/terrain/liftships/whatevers
  • Improve in prep, specifically dealing with mold lines
  • Paint some stuff in oils even if filling the bottles is such a dang pain
  • Use the airbrush to do more work so that I can justify buying a new one this year
The list was shorter last year and felt big even if I was able to burn way past it.  Like last year, I expect to be unusually busy this year but if 2020 taught me anything, it's that I can't really predict these things.

No comments: