2022/04/03

A thing a week 2022, week 14

After a really big project I usually wind down on easier projects. This has been true in my Lego builds, too, interestingly. So following Aislinn last week, I have a bunch of truly lazyeasy painting on offer this week.

These three are treants of some sort from Bones 5 kickstarter. I zenithaled/umbraled in color rather than Payne's Grey and warm white. This worked out OK but lacking a proper light brown, they super desaturated mixing in the airbrush cup. After that it was mostly washes and drybrushing. I added some Army Painter Green Tone Quickshade to add some visual interest. I certainly could have gone further but I didn't. Also, if you haven't used these quickshades, they're IMO the best paints that Army Painter makes. 

Here are a bunch of random golems also from the Bones 5 kickstarter, and yeah, I'm fully aware that the thing on the left is actually a suit of armor. Non-animated. Somewhere last year I noted that I should have painted something metallic with the airbrush rather than shading it down with Badger Ghost Tints so I did so on this one. It's a good result for the like five minutes I spent on it. Similarly, the stone golem is mostly airbrushed with stone colors (going for Egyptian granite) and the drybrushed and washed. Because he's so big, I spent a little time shading some stuff down so the details popped out more. I think it's a good result for maybe 20 minutes of work. The last guy I lavished with 30 minutes. He was cast in a transparent plastic so I colored in each pane with Ghost Tints (both sides) and then caught the edges with Vallejo Metallic Dark Aluminium which is rapidly becoming my go-to for these kinds of things. Also a good result in not very much time which has made for some fairly satisfying painting.

2022 finished mini counter: 63/100

No comments: