2023/04/02

Kitty-a-thon 2023, week 5 (2023 week 14)

This week we wrap up this theme with a high quality sculpt and paint.

This is a Lion Man from Reaper and he's both big and metal. This fig was PC and part of a campaign run before the current cycle in the heady days of 2019. Prep began as normal though notably he had some really lousy mold lines and I proceeded to start painting with the airbrush. Knowing that the previous leonins had paint jobs that didn't go low enough or high enough, I put extra super special effort into shadowing and highlighting and I think it shows. I didn't quite get to 1 (the lowest shadows) and not enough of 5 (the highest highlights) but I think I got the important parts of the shading on his physique. His mane and other darker fur were mostly done with contrast paints and the metallics were played by Vallejo Metal Color as per usual.

I spent a lot of effort on this fig, particularly on the details and he was done over about a week in something like a dozen hours. I will almost certainly buy and re-paint this fig but this guy is done and will count as my fifth high quality work this year.


2023 finished mini counter: 87/104, 5/10 high quality

No comments: