2023/08/06

A thing a week 2023, week 32

Moar painting moar bads, this week also from Blacklist Fantasy Series 1 and we kick off with orcs which I painted like hobgoblins. Why? I have no need for another group of Orks (with a K) and these aren't fantastic sculpts. Also based simply with Geek Gaming Scenics Base Ready flocking and painted very simply, I didn't do enough to clean up mold lines. One of the really lousy "features" of this line is that their mold lines are pretty godawful going over some very difficult parts of the sculpt. 

Next up are bugbears from the same line with the same issues. I did some minor drybrushing on their fur to make it more believable as such but I don't think it particularly worked. I hate their fantasy polearms (really? bugbears have these?) and their dumb nubbly single pauldrons. I tried to downplay the parts I disliked by using a nice, dark, saturated red. These guys don't particularly work for me but they're painted and I guess that's fine.

2023 finished mini counter: 167/102

No comments: