2024/03/17

A Roman Interlude week 1 (2024 week 11)

This week we have something completely different. Well, I suppose not completely different, but different enough from my usual stuff that it warrants noting. This begins a three part pseudo-theme featuring Roman ranged weaponry. Today we have a Hail Caesar Imperial Romans:  Plastic Scorpion (2x + weapon) and if some of those dudes look familiar, they should! The two guys were painted in late 2020 and have been kicking around my prep desk for the intervening many years. The scorpion itself was partially painted not super long after the dudes and it also kicked around for far too long. Well, now they're painted and flocked very badly. My lousy photography helps hide the worst of the sins. I had intended to use these in a campaign we ended up playing 100% remotely in 2020 so the need never materialized. IIRC they came with a different base, basically a large piece of plastic, and in retrospect that probably would have worked better than the 2" base I stuck them on. Flocking the large base was a real pain since there's so many corners and what not to get glue/flock into. That was a pain but I suppose that's how we learn. 

2024 finished mini counter: 63/208. 


No comments: