2019/04/30

That seems like a lot

It's a little hard to believe but this so-called-blog has been around for just over 12 and a half years.  I find that hard to believe, anyway.  I started this thing to improve my writing.  It has.  I don't think there's a better way to force myself to organize my thoughts than to stick it out on the intertoobs for anyone to see.  It's also massively helped my editing skills, grammar, and vocabulary.  Turns out when you spend a lot of time doing a thing you want to improve, you'll sometimes get better at it.  Weird how that works.

Since I started this thing I've moved five times, sold two homes, bought two homes, and bought two cars.  In 2006 the best non-ridiculously-priced CPU you could buy was a core 2 duo.  I also had gout a couple more times (that sucked), rewrote my RPG a couple times and ran three years worth of campaigns.  In 2006 Legoing was still 4 years off for me and I'd never played a Bioware or Bethesda game.  I learned how to BBQ and have since cooked untold hundreds of pounds of it.  All of my leadership studies have been between these points.  All of my coffee roasting has been between these two points.  I've purchased four desktop machines and five laptops (I think).  All of my mini painting and tabletop crafting happens within the last couple years, even.

All that and I published 200 blog posts.  Just though you should know!

No comments: