2020/01/02

2020 Crafting challenge

I'm not one for new year's resolutions or anything but I do like challenges.  Last year's two were fun, if a little daunting at times, and I figured I should do another such thing this year.  Just like last year, I want to make a thing a week and I'll use similar rules:
  • The thing must be posted here (Sundays again, probably) and it has to be done unless it's part of a big thing like SHIPtember or NaNoWriMo which I still haven't done yet.
  • Valid things:
    • Gaming terrain, prop, scatter (etc.)
    • A painted mini
    • An illustration or sketch in digital or traditional media which I don't do nearly enough of
    • An article or other piece of writing of, I dunno, 1000 words or more
    • A Lego build
    • A video
    • Other?  I do enough stuff that it's hard to enumerate what all might end up here.
In addition to these, I have the additional goals:
  • Fifty painted miniatures (down from 100 last year)
  • Five miniatures pushing quality
  • At least one serious attempt at non-metallic metals
  • Five buildings of reasonable size pushing level of detail and quality
This feels like a lot (and it is).  I expect to be unusually busy this year.  If I'm smart I'll post quarterly goal updates to see how things are tracking but chances are real good that I'll forget.

No comments: