2022/05/01

A thing a week 2022, week 18

And now for something completely different. Almost a year ago, week 22's offering was the Asnofre city map. Just over two years ago, 2020's week 6 was the same kind of map for Cedarwood ending that campaign. This week's offering is the Asnofre Playset intended to be used in the finale, likely over two or three sessions. Apparently I like ending campaigns with big battles. Notably both campaigns were single-city affairs with lots of factions and intrigue so maybe those things go together.

We had intended to do a normal session last night but a couple folks were unavailable so we playtested instead and it's a dang good thing we did! Some of the rules didn't work super well and I had drawn the zones too small. The picture shows the hand-drawn zone boundaries I did after the fact and I reworked both the rules and the units. The map itself is printer paper mounted on medium weight chipboard. The units are also printer paper mounted to adhesive magnets. I wanted something weightier than chipboard for the unit tokens but I don't think their stickiness is particularly helpful.

No comments: