2023/10/01

A thing a week 2023, week 40

More speed paints this week. Maybe that should have been the theme name. 

First up we have Blazing Skeletons and if you guessed these are from the Castle Ravenloft board game, you would be correct.  These are a half step up from some of my other speed paints since their sculpts are slightly more complex. I struggled some with getting my bone color paints to cover so there are like three layers on there. Probably this means I should use(buy) different paints. Why blue rather than red? Dunno, I felt like that would be more fun and I vaguely recall having a token in Roll20 that had blue blazing skeletons. Felt like a change, but not to worry, there are red fiery guys in the near future!


This guy is a Reaper Bones Grave King and came in a set with my Bones 5 and I can't find a link on their website. Still a speed paint but not nearly as quick as the others. I wasn't bothered to make the blending on his cloak smooth because, hey, skeleton dudes aren't doing a lot of laundry. I did have some fun with the weathering on him and probably should have spent more time with it. I also missed an opportunity for proper color composition to make his crest orange but I didn't because I wasn't thinking. Overall, I'm not unhappy with this result. The other four guys will arrive at some point. Stay tuned!

2023 finished mini counter: 219/104

No comments: