2023/10/29

A thing a week 2023, week 44

This week we're all about cultists, two batches totaling eight to be precise. These are not good paint jobs but they are done and will likely get some screen time at some point. Cultists show up a lot in my games, less because I like them and more because my players seem to always seek them out for some reason. Make of that whatever you will.

First up we have five cultists from Blacklist Fantasy Series 1 and I don't like these sculpts. BLF1 has been pretty hit and miss. These guys are apparently escaped from being shackled up and have very questionable tailors. Their evil grins were a mess, too. Their teeth seem a little too regular to be normal. Either way, they're painted mostly with contrast paints with minimal highlights and details. Painted is good and they are that in not quite three hours for the lot of them. 



These three are Cultists from the Wrath of Ashardalon boardgame and I like their sculpts a lot better. I spent about the same not quite three hours on them, mostly dealing with their overabundance of cloth and stupid skull mantles. Seriously, who does that? I did not realize their cloaks were quite so shiny until reviewing these shots. I keep not learning that. Quite a lot of the contrast paints and Daler Rowney inks which I love so much are like that. Probably I should be doing more to flat those down some. The best part? Right! They're painted.


2023 finished mini counter: 243/104


No comments: