2023/10/22

A thing a week 2023, week 43

Continuing our non-theme this week we have a mishmash of reasonably easy painted figs. 

These three rocky-looking dudes are Earth Elementals from Titan Forge and they are awfully cool. Their paintjob is not particularly complex starting with a magenta-from-above-and-paynes-grey-from-below pseudo-zenithal followed by a couple rounds of drybrushing and washing. Picking out the minor details was one of the last steps. The bases were some old ones I made a couple years ago. Every once in a while I crank out a set of bases to use whenever there's a need and these guys definitely fit the bill. Overall they work well enough but don't be surprised if they show up again at a point in the unforseeable future.

These two gold dorfs are Gold Dwarf Cleric from the Temple of Elemental Evil boardgame and Bruenor Battlehammer from the Legend of Drizzt boardgame. Neither sculpt is particularly good but IMO they did not do Bruenor any justice, his axe and shield in particular. I'm pretty sure I did the metallics with my airbrush and painted the rest of the details on with a brush but I honestly don't remember. I really wanted them to have a little more going on in the non-metallics but I'm also frequently disappointed. They were done in a couple hours mostly waiting for things to dry. They didn't shoot terribly here but they're a lot less impressive in person. Luckily, they're the best color: painted.


These two brutes are the other two Orc Smashers from the Wrath of Ashardalon boardgame. The first one landed way back in Week 21 of 2020. Fun times. I had the three of them on the table next to each other recently and boy has the contrast improved in the intervening two or so years. I picked out mostly the same details and worked in mostly the same colors accidentally. I don't know what that means; I just thought it was interesting. They were a speed paint which probably shows and done in a couple hours total. 




2023 finished mini counter: 235/104

No comments: