2024/01/01

2024 crafting challenge

This is now the fifth year I've done this kind of challenge which is way longer than I ever expected. Probably I should write a five year retro or something. If only I could stop buying new fancy toys and could stop starting new projects maybe my pile of potential wouldn't be quite so large. Like last year I'd like to do more high quality work and have a strong disincentive from batch painting by not having anywhere near as many batches left to paint. 

Valid things:
  • A finished piece or WIP representing not less than two hours of effort
    • NaNoWriMo which I still haven't done, SHIPtember, and high quality paint jobs are good candidates
  • Gaming terrain, prop, scatter (etc.)
  • One or more painted minis
  • An illustration or sketch in digital or traditional media (some day...)
  • An article or other piece of writing of, I dunno, 1000 words or so
  • A Lego build
  • A software tool (yes, hard to believe I still build these)
  • A video (some day...)
  • A tool for hobbying or something
  • Other?  Much of what I do defies easy categorization
Goals:
  • Two Hundred Eight painted miniatures of at least tabletop quality (4/week)
  • Twelve high quality pieces involving at least one of OSL, NMM, or unusual attention to detail at least six of which should be NMM (1/month and I'm not going to be super picky about NMM since it's still scary)
  • Four busts or larger figs (1/quarter)
  • One structure, meaningful tool, or other foam/wood/hobby creation

No comments: