2024/08/11

Propapalooza, week 3 (2024 week 32)

We continue with our soon-to-be-long-running theme with a bunch of wooden stuff. I'm having to group these to retain my sanity. Also, because I super failed to set the auto-post on this one, I'm having to post-date this one. 

These are a set of cabinets and chairs. I don't think we see this kind of cabinet super often in the west but I have it on good authority that they're common elsewhere. Across the chairs you can probably tell that I varied the undercoat which was played by two different shades of contrast paints followed by a couple washes and a couple drybrushes and no, I don't remember the particular colors. The only annoying thing about them was gluing them to their tiny magnet bases and maybe picking out the metal bits.

Next up we have a couple tables and wide benches both of which might be found in a park or a tavern or anywhere else you might need to find such furniture. They're the same kind of deal with a contrast paint base followed by washes and drybrushings. These are exactly the kind of painting that are great for breaking out a rut: high drama with low effort.

2024 finished mini counter: 179/208

No comments: