2024/08/04

Propapalooza, week 2 (2024 week 31)

This week we continue plumbing the depths of the ever-so-voluminous Dungeons and Lasers kickstarters, at least the first two I backed. I super love the terrain tiles even though I only use the flooring (walls just plain get in folks' way at the table) and the props are super fun. In retrospect I don't think I needed quite so many of them but for right now they're rescuing my finished mini counter so that's a bonus. 

First up we have a pair of mystical portals. They're not that interesting sans the contrast paint coloring and (very) light OSL-like drybrushing over the top.

Next up we have 3x melty statues and 2x really creepy smaller ones. The first melty statue was featured in week 4 of this year though laziness kept me from prepping and painting the rest of them at that same time. The creepy ones are just...creepy...I guess? Not super sure what they're supposed to be beyond that and as a result I struggle to imagine a scenario that would call for them.

Next up we have 3x dragon pillars which also featured in a previous post from way back in week 46 of 2022. The same disclaimer applies. If I'd been more attentive I would have painted the green-y one a different color to better distinguish between it and the turquoise one I've already got. Unlike the previous one, these are just painted in colors rather than any explicit marble patterning.

 

 

These last two are hearths of some sort. I'm going to go with Dwarven given the funky patterns on them. The details aren't all that interesting or well painted but they're at the right scale for my buildings so I got that goin' for me.

2024 finished mini counter: 169/208

No comments: