2024/08/25

Propapalooza, week 5 (2024 week 34)

Traps and torture devices, oh my! We continue our props mega-theme in style this week and we begin with guillotines! Not 100% sure if they'll ever get screen time but it's good to know that I have them if needed. They've got slightly more detail than many of the other props in this theme but they're painted very simply nonetheless. I could have done some weathering or staining or whatever and that would all be appropriate but I didn't and I'm not going to be sad about it.

 

The two things on the left are torture racks of some sort but I'm not sure what they're actually called. The two on the right are clearly iron maidens. The same comment applies here: I could have done more staining/weathering but I didn't. The iron maidens were mostly painted with the airbrush and in case I haven't noted it recently: Vallejo Metal Colors go through an airbrush really, really well. These are hands down my favorite metallic paints.

 

The top two of these are clearly spike traps--a perennial favorite. The rust effects aren't as good as it could have been (true for the iron maidens, too) but they're serviceable.

The last four are torture devices of some sort. I could have picked out a lot more of the details on these, particularly the pokey bits on the chairs, but I didn't. I don't know how often they'll get screen time but for now, they're painted an that's what matters.

2024 finished mini counter: 204/208

No comments: