2019/06/30

Crafting challenge, week 13

Earlier in the week I thought that things were going well.  By the end of Tuesday night I had already recorded all of my video for the week.  You can see the results here.  Sadly, I didn't finish my editing until Friday.  Saturday I was busy with other stuff, but Sunday, yeah, Sunday I'd finally get to sit down and paint.

Welp, it's Sunday and I've given up on painting for the day.  I had some new techniques to try out and some lofty goals and the short version is both fell short.  The technique for pin lining didn't work on the Veritechs and I ended up stopping after a few hours of frustration.  You can see the results on the right.  I think they're some of the poorest paint jobs I've done in a while.  Unlike most of my pictures, these look far worse in person. 

I could not get the wash into the lines without making a mess and I wasn't able to clean up the mess without screwing something else up.  My ink-infused white paint would come off with staggering ease and washing the whole thing looked really bad.  I was going to start on the Zentraedi pods but it turns out the places you have to paint them aren't at all denoted on the mini which means I'd need to freehand it on every single pod.  Not today. 

I really want to strip these and try again.  The airbrushing went so well but everything else went so badly.  Construction was a huge pain and painting is proving to be a huge pain too.  I'll have some time this week to work on the pods but just like these I suspect I'll get to the point that I just want to be done and leave them looking crappy.  I was so excited to get these and they have been nothing but frustration.  That sucks.  The rest of the unassembled ones will stay in the box until I get the skill to do these better.

2019 finished mini counter:  42/100

No comments: