2022/01/01

2022 Crafting challenge

It's weird to think that I've been doing this for three years. So much so that I can barely imagine not doing it again this year. Tho, after so many giant batches, I can see it from here. For the last two years I've pushed volume in building, painting, writing, etc. so this year I'd like to slow down and focus more on quality. Unlike the previous challenges, I'm lifting the "must be done" qualifier since I expect that some of these efforts to be time intensive and to span multiple weeks. In particular, I have at least one gargantuan project with a strict deadline that I'd really like to finish.

Valid things:
  • A WIP representing not less than two hours of effort. That fits in a typical evening so no excuses. 
    • NaNoWriMo, SHIPtember, high quality paint jobs are good candidates
    • Note: two hour requirement is waived for finished pieces
  • Gaming terrain, prop, scatter (etc.)
  • One or more painted minis
  • An illustration or sketch in digital or traditional media which I still don't do nearly enough of
  • An article or other piece of writing of, I dunno, 1000 words or more
  • A Lego build
  • A video
  • A tool for hobbying or something
  • Other?  Much of what I do defies easy categorization
Goals:
  • One Hundred painted miniatures of at least tabletop quality
  • Ten high quality pieces preferably featuring OSL, NMM, or both
  • Two busts or larger figs
  • One complex structure, preferably a building
The last two years have been dominated by COVID-19 and I've had a lot more time to devote to these efforts. I have to think that this won't continue long into 2022 but I thought that last year, too. Check back in 364 days to see how I did!

No comments: