2023/01/01

2023 crafting challenge

This is now the fourth year I've done this kind of challenge. I don't know what that means but I'm cranking through crafting projects faster than I would have ever thought possible. Like last year I'd like to do more high quality work but probably that won't stop my penchant for batch paints. Also like last year, "must be done" qualifier is waived for any effort requiring >20 hours or so. 

Valid things:
  • A WIP representing not less than two hours of effort. That fits in a typical evening so no excuses. 
    • NaNoWriMo, SHIPtember, high quality paint jobs are good candidates
    • Note: two hour requirement is waived for finished pieces
  • Gaming terrain, prop, scatter (etc.)
  • One or more painted minis
  • An illustration or sketch in digital or traditional media which I still don't do nearly enough of
  • An article or other piece of writing of, I dunno, 1000 words or so
  • A Lego build
  • A video
  • A tool for hobbying or something
  • Other?  Much of what I do defies easy categorization
Goals:
  • One Hundred Four painted miniatures of at least tabletop quality (that's 2 per week)
  • Ten high quality pieces involving at least one of OSL, NMM, or unusual attention to detail
  • Two busts or larger figs
  • One complex structure or other construction

No comments: