2023/01/29

A thing a week 2023, week 5

This week we have similarly medium drama, low effort paint jobs but with slightly more effort. These first three are (hopefully obviously) air, water, and fire elementals. They're cast in fairly rigid translucent plastic which I did almost no work on. The paint is mostly washes and drybrushing and being unhappy about all of the mold lines that I missed. Not much to see here, really. 


Painted at a different time is the magma elemental from the same line. Technically he's supposed to be an earth elemental to go with the others above but I thought he'd look better as a magma elemental and I wanted the practice. This looked a lot like skipping the zenithal, painting the lower recesses yellow then going orange->super dark red->black in increasingly thin drybrush layers until I got something close to what I wanted. After that I glazed with various late colors until I arrived here. In retrospect, I probably should have airbrushed in yellow to save a step and then done more with a better drybrush. I think it sells, at least slightly, so that works. 

2023 finished mini counter: 43/104

No comments: