2019/03/28

Shoe's 30 for 30, day 28

Painting today as expected but I got a head start for tomorrow's and Saturday's build.  The mill wasn't especially difficult to paint, especially since the vanes pull off (yay Lego!) but I did try to not gum up any of the working pieces.

The raw wood was only washed with my terrible brown wash and not primed.  This wash looks lousy most of the time but it does make wood look fairly weathered in one coat.  I didn't dare drybrush these despite being fully cured with wood glue.  I don't think toothpicks were really meant for that kind of abuse.

The walls and whatnot are pretty much the same grey with lighter drybrush and wash.  If it looks like the vanes don't line up properly with the door, that's a side effect of me whittling the doorway after building.  The roof washed out even though it was supposed to be dark.

No comments: