2019/03/14

Shoe's 30 for 30, day 14

Shingles are still bullshit.
Today was a day of painting and as such I'll show a finished shot and that's pretty much it.  I didn't wash the shingles this time around and I was a little more careful with the non-timber walls.  I think this is one of the better paint jobs I've done.  All told we're around 4 hours of painting which puts the total build time at under 10 hours. 

While I like the challenge of completing a thing per day, I think it limits what's possible.  There aren't many larger builds I'd be super compelled to do but with more time I feel like I could embellish a little more and maybe put a little more thought into things.  Maybe the last couple builds will be simpler things where I spend more time on paint and details and stuff.  I also want to experiment on the next half timbered building doing the texturing by hand instead of by build which is more in line with how these building actually are. 


No comments: